Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I am very pleased to report that Bev's surgery on Monday went better than expected, and she is well on the road to recovery.  If you clicked on my link to her blog, you'll know that she's treating her on-going journey with cancer like a game of Whack-a-Mole.  Here's a picture of toddler Lisa (only 2 years old but already quite the expert) demonstrating her whacking technique to baby Alex:

This morning is quilting with the Foothills ladies (radiation has been shunted to the afternoon.)  Sadly we're losing our free meeting place at the library - not only have they had to reduce their hours of operation plus shut down some days of the week, they've also been forced to start charging for the meeting rooms in an effort to stay afloat. We've been looking for alternate places to convene, and today we're trying out the Black Bear Diner, which has a separate glassed-in room.
I'll have to grab a quick lunch between quilting and radiation, but probably will want more than the sunflowers on which these bears are munching.  Usually we have wonderful food at our meetings, but (obviously!) we can't bring food into a restaurant.

And no, I never did finish up my second baby quilt; I've been sleeping away much of my afternoons and evenings.  Wish I could say that that ointment the radiation oncologist prescribed has (magically) cured my rash.... but (alas!) I'd be lying.  
In fact last night, when applying the ointment,Tom thought it even looked a tad worse.  

Only 5 more treatments of the 'big' radiation (that last 5 are apparently 'easier') so maybe in another week I can start expecting some relief?  Plus maybe the rheumatologist will have some magic pill on Friday?

No comments:

Post a Comment