Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Another early morning - up at 3:30 again - but I had a book I was enjoying (The Good Dream by Donna Van Liere) so I didn't really mind.

It was pretty humid today; just walking from the car to radiation was uncomfortable.  But on the plus side, at least I don't have to worry about frizzy hair these days.  
There's a chance of rain for the next week so I assume the humidity levels will continue to annoy us.

I am now dealing with what is affectionately called 'diaper rash' (redness, tenderness, itching, etc.) in the radiation treatment area despite the fact that I have been proactively using the aquaphor cream they gave me.  It will be okay if this is as bad as it gets, although since they'll continue zapping the skin it seems somewhat naive to believe.  (Kind of like remaining out in the sun after your sunburn starts to show?)  Still, hope springs eternal!


 The pictures today only took 15 minutes - though seems longer when the body itches all over.  

And depending on how the pictures look to the doctor I may have more tomorrow.  I have started taking Zyrtec (at their suggestion) to see if we can get an antihistimine effect to kick in, but that could take up to a week.

I was pretty tired when I got home, and before I knew it I was dozing off and on all afternoon.  

But maybe that means I'll be able to stay awake and watch some of the DNC tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment