Saturday, September 22, 2012


I am a happy camper - I got a great night's sleep, which does wonders for anyone.  When I woke up in the wee hours of the morning I popped a Lunesta (no worries about having to be on time for radiation) and slept until Alex's alarm went off around 10.  So I expect to get a bunch of stuff done today (for a change.)
Before Alex headed off to work today he recounted a dream.  There was some sort of seismic event that opened up a big crack in his bedroom, and a scorpion kept crawling out of it.  Unfortunately said scorpion would escape back into the depths of the earth before Alex could kill it.  When Alex went to Tom for help, Tom was more into explaining about the reasons for the crack than dealing with the scorpion.  Just one of the 'perks' of having a geologist for a dad.

I good a good laugh when I saw this picture friend Cindy V. posted on FB.  My drawing nonability (I am still stuck with laughable stick figures, lollipop trees, and generic one-shape-fits-all animals) is just one reason (out the MANY) why I am not a tattoo artist.
BUT after reading the children's book The Dot, I feel much better about myself!  It's a must-read for art teachers, but also a wonderful read for anyone dealing with kids. 

Happy First Day of Fall (to anyone who lives where it IS Fall!)  

We here in Arizona tend to drag out Summer. Could be worse...only expected to be 104 today.

No comments:

Post a Comment