Thursday, September 13, 2012

Very enjoyable quilt meeting yesterday.  Loved seeing all the ladies, and then lunching together afterward.  I had brought my camera for Show & Tell, but when it came time I couldn't find it in my purse.  (And no, it's not that big a purse!)  When I got home after radiation (I actually made it there right at 1:00, as they'd originally asked) I checked my purse again - and after emptying out the main part of my purse I discovered that the camera had just gotten hidden in one of the side pockets, behind my portable grocery bag.  So it wasn't lost after all!
Ruth did a demo on a "10-minute" table runner (which clearly takes longer than 10 minutes to make, especially if you're given wonky directions, like she was!)  
But she did eventually figure out how to do it correctly, and it does look like a fairly quick project when given adequate directions - so maybe one of these days I'll give it a try!  Also loved Carolyn's quick and easy way to make a whole bunch of 4-patches (she learned it via a Missouri Quilting Tutorial.)  So once I'm not so tired, and I'm truly back to quilting, watch out!
Laura (a fellow penguin lover) sat next to me and (when she heard what had befallen my babies in the cabinet) offered to help me clean up the mess.  She'll be over this afternoon.  In the meantime they've stayed huddled together exactly where they landed when the shelf collapsed and they slid, poor babies!

She also took pity on me and my itchy rash, and gave me a collapsible back-scratcher that's perfect for my purse so now I don't have to use a fork (outside my shirt) any more!  Obviously I'm not the only one who has had to resort to that option! 

During lunch one of the ladies asked if I was really so energetic or 'just putting on a show' for them - busted!

Shortly it will be time to head off to radiation.... I am definitely counting down the days!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment