Monday, August 1, 2011

Up WAY too early this morning

I don't mind waking up before 6; I'm definitely a morning person, and usually up at first light (which in the summer can be quite early) - but at 4:00 a.m. it was still dark out.  Maybe I'm more excited about Lisa arriving home from Ireland than I realize?  (Here's hoping I can stay awake until it's time to pick her up at the airport around dinnertime!)
 
I know she'll be tired, what with traveling for 18 hours, plus the time change (it'll be the middle of the night in Dublin when she arrives here) but I'm hoping she'll still be wired enough from her day to regale me with tales of the past 2 months on the drive home... although her blog has done a pretty good job of keeping me informed of many of her activities/adventures.

Later this morning I'm going to 'visit a sick friend' who's having a birthday today.  Guess it isn't too surprising that it was very hard to find an appropriate birthday card for someone who is, barring a miracle, more than likely celebrating her last one.  Marty's such a wonderful, talented woman, and we're all devastated with the situation. Hopefully she'll get a smile or two from the book I found for her.  Normally I would also bring chocolate (suitable for just about any occasion, right?) but she's not really able to eat much these days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment