Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Lisa's home :-)

 Lisa looked pretty tired/exhausted as she lugged her one (heavy) suitcase into the back of the car; after all, it had been a really long day for her.  I tried to help, but she was worried I'd put my back out - but once inside she was able to relax, and got a second wind.  Not only did she talk about the trip the whole drive home (had I really thought she might nap?!) but once home we hung out for an hour or so while she unpacked and continued her tales of adventures.  
Who knew one suitcase could hold so much?  Reminded me of those circus clown cars, where people just keep exiting long after you're sure there couldn't possibly have been any more people stuffed inside.
 Lisa certainly did an outstanding job of finding perfect gifts for family and friends.  I got 2 children's books: Donall An Chluimh Agus An-Ocras Air!, or The Very Hungry Caterpillar in Irish (which I always referred to as Gaelic, but apparently Gaelic is a whole family of languages, of which Irish is only one) and Het is een Boek (This is a book) from her visit to Amsterdam. 
Which were absolutely
After a long-awaited shower (with a real towel!) she tumbled into bed for a good night's sleep.  This morning over breakfast (and after a second shower) she had more tales to tell, and now I'm off to see her pix.  But wanted to get a Welcome Home post in first.

No comments:

Post a Comment