Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I WON! I WON!

At today's Foothills meeting I got two more flip-flop blocks, one from Joni
and one from Yolanda
Then we admired all the ice cream blocks for this month, and someone mentioned that if I won, they'd go great with my flip-flops from last month's BOM.  AND GUESS WHAT... (you get 3 guesses, but the first 2 don't count)
While it doesn't seem 'fair' that I won two months in a row, before that it was 2 years since I'd won.  (And remember I didn't really win last month - Joyce did, but gifted them to me.) 

Below are the 8 blocks I acquired today (you can see my cone in an earlier post.) I have NO IDEA why they insist on posting on their side - I was careful to take the pix head on (even though it would have made more sense to turn the camera sideways) just so I wouldn't have this problem.

Joni Lancaster (orange sherbert & butter pecan):

Louise Grant (pistachio almond & butter pecan):

Ruth Benns (Rocky Road & strawberry swirl):

Jan Hansen (pecan praline & pistachio almond):

Linda Hynick (strawberry & Perry's orange pineapple)

Louise Myers (dulce de leche & strawberry sorbet):

Linda Puttmann (strawberry & butter pecan):

Sharon Lichter (flavors not listed!)

Can't wait to play around with all the flip-flops and ice cream cones to create a wonderful summer quilt!  But first, I have to put together my 5 Nesting Robin Rows; the completed top (quilted or not) is due the beginning of October, and I have to do some tweaking before I can assemble it.

No comments:

Post a Comment