Monday, August 1, 2011

Airport run

I should be on my way to the airport now to pick up Lisa.  However although her flight from Dublin to Newark went off without a hitch, unfortunately there was a considerable delay with her Newark-to-Phoenix leg (because the flight crew was late coming in on another flight.)
 Come to find out that Newark Airport Is #1 For Late Flights - not much of an 'honor'.  Not surprisingly, Lisa was less than thrilled since all she wants at this point is to take a hot shower and then fall into her own bed. 
At the earliest that would 9:00 pm (which would be 5 am 'tomorrow' in Ireland) after being 'on the road' for more than 20 hours.  Of course there's always the (very) slim chance that she'll manage a nap in the car on the way home.  I thought I might get in a nap in this afternoon since I woke up so early this morning.  Wasn't surprised when I got sleepy on the couch in the early afternoon, but when I moved to the bedroom that woke me up.  Guess I should have just stayed where I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment