Sunday, August 28, 2011

I love my son

I really do love Alex, although those of you with sons may sympathize with me.  I honestly don't understand him much of the time.

Exhibit A: Baby Blues
The other day I got back from the grocery store and asked Alex to bring in the (heavy) watermelon.  He did, depositing it on the kitchen island.  When I asked him why he didn't put it in the frig to chill, his answer was that I didn't ask him to.

Exhibit B: Zits
At work yesterday at the carwash the owner/manager was late getting back to close up.  When it got near closing time Alex took it upon himself to do what needed to be done.  When the owner did arrive to close up, virtually everything was done, and he was stunned and amazed.  So was I, when I heard about  it.  Getting Alex to help around the house is usually a major battle.

Exhibit C: Dennis the Menace
There's a lot of 'drama' when Alex doesn't get his way.  He never threw tantrums as a kid, but I don't know what else to call them now.

I could post lots more, but you probably get the idea. 

OK - done griping for the time being, and now will go write in my gratitude journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment