Sunday, August 14, 2011

Squirrels can swim!

Our squirrel was back on the patio, and this time I managed to sneak past the window and get my camera without spooking him - but then couldn't find the little guy at first.  Unfortunately as soon as I did spot him through the window it startled him, and he raced back across the patio - right into the deep end of the pool (not that it really matters, since the shallow end is also way over his head.)  I sprinted for the back door to grab the net and scoop him out, but he was already swimming across the pool and surprisingly had no trouble climbing out.  (Maybe it's a good thing that I just topped off the pool yesterday?)  On the plus side, now that he's been for a swim he's gotta feel cooler, right?  Still don't have a picture of our little friend, but here's another one I found:

No comments:

Post a Comment