Saturday, July 14, 2018

Today is National Nude Day.  


Obviously I'm in the right place to celebrate. <g>



We actually got some rain last evening! Terry helped <g> make that happen by grilling salmon outside, which worked as a 'rain dance', somewhat like washing a car.



Admittedly it was a light rain, and didn't last nearly as long as needed.  But it definitely qualified as more than a sprinkle, actually getting the ground wet, and was enough to rinse much of the dust off of things.  At this point we'll take what we can get!



Dan and Tim arrived from Taos last night. They'd had a cocktail hour over at Lisa G's, and then the three of them joined us for dinner (which of course was scrumptious!)  Dan brought along a lot of goodies from his garden (about which I've been hearing raves for years) so we'll continue to eat well. 



They've also been enjoying feeding the hummers.  (Who wouldn't?!)




Neighbors Chuck & Barb will heading into Salida on Sunday and have offered to take Lisa to pick up her jeep, so it appears that currently I'm off the hook for shuttling her.  Though as I stressed to her I wouldn't have offered if I didn't mean it, and should "something come up" I'll still be available.



Tom sounds quite bummed in this morning's e-mail 
regarding the situation on the home front about the pool, etc.:

The pool saga continues. Green algae to the max yesterday. Called Poolman and will come out Monday. Just when I finally got the upper hand on the mud and debris. Guy who does the chemicals (supposed to) didn't show yesterday. I'm tired of non-stop pool maintenance and about ready to pay to have it all done. This on top of $440.00 electric bill. Every time I leave the house it's a hundred dollars on something, new hoses (all of ours were shot and totally un-usable), pool stuff, groceries...everything.

I got up at six and unclogged the irrigation pipe feeding the house yard. Oppressive humidity....dripping sweat even at that early hour. I think I got it open. No pool to jump in.

Still picking up the yard.

The Geostorm movie was not very good. I returned it today.

Other than all that things are just fine.    



I'm glad that "other than all that" things are okay, and trying not to feel too guilty about the good time I'm having here!




No comments:

Post a Comment