Friday, July 6, 2018

I had a lovely soak in the nice, warm Apple Pool this morning. Then (like going to the gym to exercise) I "forced" myself into the 'chilly' (88 degrees?) pool to swim some laps.  


Of course once I was actually in and moving it was fine.  While I only swam the same number of laps as before (breast stroke on the odd lengths, crawl on the even ones) I was able to go much faster today. But even better, I hardly needed to rest in between.  


So I do seem to be adjusting somewhat to the altitude, 
and next time I do aim to add more laps.



Here are some shots of the pretty flowers on the deck around the pool.


Most were still in the shade this morning...





On my walk back I had a lovely chat with a rather verbal toddler.  We had quite the conversation about swimming and floaties, and she definitely reminded me of someone I know!



Shadow seems to be enjoying Terry's newly-washed Dancing Waters quilt.  
(The log-cabin hummingbird pillow was also made by me.)


The photo on the label is from the early 80s, when I was teaching Terry how to country swing.  Pretty sure her mom Hilda snapped the picture during the lesson.



We've had a calliope hummingbird show up at the feeder this morning.  So far we haven't managed to get a picture of it, though not for lack of trying!  Calliopes are considerably smaller than the broadtails, and have a distinctive "streaked" gorget:


No comments:

Post a Comment