Sunday, July 15, 2018

Though this is definitely the Summer of Hummingbirds, the pix I took during last evening's feeding frenzy didn't turn out very well, likely because of lighting issues.  


This morning, when it was time yet again to refill the large feeder, instead of offering the little hand-held "flower"  I decided to give them access to a smaller feeder not currently in use.  While Tim held it in front of me, I snapped away.  



I literally just had time to turn on the camera since the birds took immediate notice of the feeder.  These shots were snapped in the first few seconds, before word spread.






Then I finally got some good shots of the rufous.










Though we were only out there with this feeder for a couple of minutes at most, 
there was constant activity.







Did get a couple of gorget shots, though still haven't captured their true brilliance, and will keep trying. Luckily there will be no shortage of opportunities. 


My next major goal is to try to 'capture' one of the calliope hummers... on "film"!
(This one was getting banded.)




























No comments:

Post a Comment