Sunday, October 8, 2017

Tyga enjoyed his time with us yesterday -
and seemed reluctant to leave Dodge Doggy Daycare. 


We walked up to Latina's house, where he 'helped' me cut the strips for Myra's quilt binding.  Marcie's electric AccuCut machine makes my least-favorite part of the quilt process quite effortless!


Marcie and I were surprised that the pooches didn't play together very much.  The first time they'd met last spring they had raced around the backyard here, taking turns chasing each other.



Marcie was working on some charity bags, but not enjoying the fabric from her packet.  However after I made a couple of suggestions (adding some focus fabric for outside pockets, and embellishing the handles with a decorative stitch) she was much happier.  It's no fun working on a project you don't enjoy!  



In the afternoon I added the next row of borders to my scrap mountain quilt, mitering the corners.  When the stripes on the first corner were off by a smidge, I called Wanda for advice.  She had three suggestions (I knew she'd be a font of information!) and then I was off and running.

 
Now my center, measuring about 48",  is done.


I just love this fabric - in MY colors! 


This morning I'm taking Marcie over to TOQS and will bring it with me so Sheri can see how I used her polka-dot fabric.  Colleen plans to rendezvous with us there, and I can give her the things I have for her; she dropped off bags of spools on Friday when I was at the trunk show. No doubt I can get some additional suggestions, from both her and Sheri, on what to add next to the top and bottom in order to elongate the quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment