Sunday, October 15, 2017

Marcie & I had a delightful day listening to the wonderful music at Arcosanti's open-air ampitheatre yesterday.  We got there just as the music had started (the opening act was the youthful group Jam Pak) and scored perfect seats, dead center under the wonderful shade awning.


It turns out that we could have brought Latina after all; there were a surprising number of dogs attending. We're both looking forward to doing it all over again next month in Wickenburg. Mike will likely come with us; it turns out he was bummed he missed all the fun yesterday!



Once home I caught up on the Wednesday lecture, though there's still some reading I need to do.  Andy announced good news at the beginning of that class: his recent federal case, which involved a rent dispute of many millions of dollars and was taking up a lot of his time and energy, is finally over.... and his client won!  So no surprise he was pretty happy.



I've been sleeping well lately (anytime I make it to 6:00 or later I'm happy), but it was disappointing that this morning I was awake before 4:00. 


Eventually I gave up on trying to fall back asleep, and got up and read. 
Just wish my eyes didn't feel so gritty.



Irene returned my call yesterday (I'd forgotten that she was going to be out of town for a few days at a quilting seminar) and says she'll be happy to quilt what is going to be the Foothills 2018 raffle quilt.  It looks fabulous with the top/bottom borders on (I saw it yesterday when I picked up Marcie) and the side borders, already cut out, will go on today.  My spool quilt should be ready sometime this week, so when I get that back from Irene I can turn over this next one.  "Somehow" I volunteered to be in charge of this project, so glad things are falling into place nicely.



No comments:

Post a Comment