Thursday, October 5, 2017

Book Club is always fun, and the discussion prodded my memories somewhat. The selection for December is about Sacajawea's son Jean Baptiste Charbonneau, who had a foot in two very different worlds. (There's some question about the title/author, so I'm waiting for the official e-mail to arrive.)  I remember seeing a blurb about the book not too long ago, and look forward to reading it.


I was expecting Myra to bring her grandmother's quilt for me to bind, but even though it had been promised by last month <sigh> it still isn't back from the quilter.  We are both disappointed with the ongoing saga (this is the second quilter who has not gotten it back to her) though she did bring the binding fabric; that means at least I can get the binding made and have it ready to go when the quilt eventually gets delivered!


Latest pic from Alex -



I got home later than usual last night (10:00) and then read for a while, finishing up another library book.  Since I was up early this morning (5:00ish) it's a good thing that today's activities are taking place early before my afternoon slowdown hits.  Mary is picking me up shortly; we're off to the movies, and no doubt we'll lunch afterward.



Maybe she'll want some of the leftover rulers/templates from my Give Away pile? (A lot of them originally came from Marty Zehr's stash after she died; her son just wanted everything GONE so he could turn her sewing studio back into the garage.)


No comments:

Post a Comment