Saturday, October 14, 2017

Irrigation went well yesterday, and everything got a nice, deep drink.  



In the afternoon I caught up on Monday's 2-hour Evidence lecture, so now just have Wednesday's 1-hour class to watch.  (For some reason, they were not able to schedule two 90-minute classes, which would make more sense.... at least to me.)


While (as Andy reminds the class) some of the Rules seem counter-intuitive, I am still finding myself able to understand and apply them. Despite my lack of 'legal literacy', most of the time (!) I get the problems regarding admissibility correct. Of course the true test <g> will be on the exam at the end of the semester!



Late yesterday afternoon I felt a "click" in my arm, which released "something", and immediately most of the pain went away!  NO idea what was stuck, but whatever it was obviously putting strain on my muscles - and now it's not!



After dinner Tom and I went out to watch the ISS pass overhead. 


I'm always amazed at how bright it is.  Mom, remember when we watched it together - and you were the first one to spot it?



Watched Thursday night's recorded Jeopardy, when Austin was dethroned by Scarlett, a stay-at-home mom.  (It was not a surprise, since the 'news' had been on the internet.)  I really admire how gracious he was about it.  He was genuinely proud of her, saying, “Oh, I didn’t lose - Scarlett beat me!” 



No good deed goes unpunished.  Last night I was collecting Tom's laundry, and in the hallway outside the bedroom I stepped on a sliver of obsidian he had tracked in from his shop.  It took a long time to remove it; I got some of it out, he got a bit more, and I finally was able to remove the last of it.  Here's hoping last night's "adventure" drives home just one of several reasons for my repeated requests to remove his shoes when he comes inside.



Soon off to enjoy a day of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment