Wednesday, October 18, 2017

At the end of Show & Tell this morning Joyce shared the frightening story of their drive home from vacation last month, when a speeding semi on I-40 hit them, sending them careening into the median.  She and her husband both are still painfully sore, but luckily otherwise seem to be okay.


After Busy Bees I needed to pick up the companion fabric for the backs of the placemats.  While I was waiting at the red light until I could turn left onto 35th, I took that opportunity to file a hangnail.  When I looked up the light had already turned green, but when I started to pull out into the intersection I realized that a speeding car racing north on 35th was in the process of running the red light.  Had I not immediately put on my brakes that car would have slammed right into my door, causing severe injury... if not worse!



When I got home the recycle can was placed in front of the garage door, so I correctly guessed that Alex had already relocated Pokey, as requested.  No doubt she won't be happy in there, but she will be safe tomorrow morning while the tree crew is working out back.



After I made a major trip to the grocery store
I spent much of the rest of the afternoon relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment