Sunday, October 1, 2017

I had an easy fast yesterday.  (Of course I knew I would be eating at the end of the 24 hours, though sadly for so many around the globe that's just not the case.)  But despite drinking plenty of water, I did experience a headache all day. 


 The most common causes of hunger headaches are muscle tension and low blood sugar.  Hunger can cause your muscles to tighten up, triggering a tension headache. When your blood sugar drops, your body releases hormones to counter low glucose levels, which can trigger a headache.


Tom called to check in last night. 
He is 'tired of winter' so he's heading for home this morning. 


While it's possible he could arrive tonight,
it's a long drive from Idaho so most probably it will be tomorrow.


Tom's pending arrival gets me motivated to do a few 'leftover' housekeeping tasks today before/after the gym.  I have made headway on mucking the quilt shelves in Alex's room, which was sort of fun... consolidating some things, assigning others to the donate pile (really!), and (most importantly!) labeling tubs so I can find things. 


When I ran out of steam on that project I just quit, so there is stuff from the shelves scattered around on the floor, waiting patiently.  Maybe I can finish up with that today - or at least make some substantial headway.  I definitely need to get it done before Alex gets home (in a couple of weeks) because I have gotten a firm commitment from him to clear out that closet so I can actually use it.  That will be a huge help!



Speaking of Alex, I think today is the day he and his crew will be at Northwestern.  Curious to hear what his assessment of my alma mater will be! 

No comments:

Post a Comment