Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Yesterday, before I faded big-time, I worked on an applique project.  When I ran into a snag Wanda came over with a special non-stick sheet (I need to get one of those!) and (more importantly!) her expertise to 'save' me.  Now it just needs a border (maybe today?) and then I can quilt it.


My inspiration came from some quilts I saw at the Delores Quilt Show in Colorado this summer.  The designer of the pattern (Virginia Robertson) has a quilt shop there (of course I stopped in there after the show!), and several local ladies had entered their fish in the show.  



The trout pattern had been languishing in my pile since the summer, but now that I have the wedding quilt done I have less guilt about playing with other projects.



Although the antibiotics (I'll finish them up today) have finally kicked the lung infection, my malady seems to have morphed into a nasty cold (runny nose, headache, etc.) so by last evening I was pretty wretched.  As of this morning I feel better, but know from experience that whatever I want/need to get done had better happen early in the day before I start to fade.  After all, I felt pretty good yesterday morning also!


This morning Trish called from Park Meadows; she just found out there's some sort of meeting tomorrow and she'll need a sub... but obviously I had to pass on that.  BGHS called yesterday mid-morning for a sub (sounded like a teacher had gone home sick) and I obviously passed on that also.



Since I got home from quilting and all my errands last Wednesday I don't think I've been out at all except for the trip to Blythe on Saturday.  This morning I'm going to shower and get dressed (what a concept!) and run to the post office, the bank (my iPad would not let me deposit a check) and dash into the store to replenish my soup stash.



Then if <g> I fade I'll be all set.

No comments:

Post a Comment