Monday, January 5, 2015


The first Monday after New Year's Day always feels like the true beginning of the year to me.  Must be the school schedule mind-set after a lifetime of being a student and then a teacher.



And to start off 2015 
I have a full (and very eclectic) week ahead of me. 



Today is Quilt Camp at Jeannie's, and with Wanda's help yesterday (and the big sale on everything at 35th Ave.) I selected five wonderful batik fabrics to make a "new and improved" wedding quilt for Jeff and Priscilla.  So they should received the finished quilt before their second anniversary (which coincidentally is Cotton!) in October. 



As for the rest of the week: Tuesday is my routine follow-up visit with the oncologist, there's a Foothills Quilters board meeting on Wednesday (where I'll turn over the reins to Laura, the incoming Chapter Chair), Thursday I'm having lunch with Sylvia (in from New Zealand!) and her daughter Deb who is due with her second child in mid-January, my monthly stint as Word Wizard at school is on Friday, and there's a memorial service for Davonna on Saturday. Davonna was only 16(being raised by her grandmother Monica, one of my quilting friends) when she was apassenger killed in a car accident shortly before Christmas.

Now I need to pack up and otherwise get ready to head over to Jeannie's.  Wouldn't want to get stuck in traffic (LOL) and be late, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment