Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Subbing went well this morning, or at any rate MUCH better than the last time I braved the high school.  The younger students (8th & 9th graders) were angels, the older kids not quite so much.  Lots of school spirit - and it's not even a Friday! I saw BGHS team shirts for football, soccer, basketball, swimming, volleyball, cheer, etc.  That reminded me that when I was cleaning out my closet I found the over-sized BGHS-yellow fleece pullover and have been meaning to drop it off at the high school.  Today would have been a perfect day... IF I had just remembered to put it in the car!



Mrs. Sizemore (the math teacher I was subbing for today) recognized me as Lily's mom, and a couple of the students recognized me as the Walking Dictionary from their days back in the 5th grade.  



Afterward I made a trip to the library to drop off books.  There was nothing waiting for me on the Hold shelf, but I managed to find a couple of interesting possibilities on the New shelf.  Then since I was going right by I dropped off some stuff for Diane at Park Meadows, and lastly picked up a Rx at Walgreens.  



I still need to pick up some brown thread (so I can can pack up all my stuff for tomorrow) and also a few items at the grocery store.  


But mostly can just relax after my time in the trenches this morning.



It's sunny out now but must have rained some during the night (everything was went when I went out this morning.  but at least I didn't get caught in it today heading into school from the parking lot as I had figured.  Heard on the news that NY didn't get nearly as much snow as expected (I doubt anyone is complaining about that) though it sounds like Boston and points north did get slammed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment