Monday, January 12, 2015

More often than not I remember my dreams, though that wasn't the case yesterday morning when I woke up barely able to move.  However reading in bed last night it came back to me: I was on horseback (with 2 other people) riding into town.  The last time I actually rode (with Doug and Sue up into the Sangre de Cristo Mountains above the hot springs) I was barely able to walk for the next several days, my lower back's way of telling me (in no uncertain terms!) that my days of riding were DONE. 


So the question is: Did my back start hurting first, which precipitated the dream, or did "riding" even in my dreams put my back out?  <g> 


That reminds me of my first trimester carrying Lisa when I was nauseated all day, every day - even while sleeping, when one night I dreamt I was on a boat, seasick!  NOT a fun time!



This morning my back is considerably better than yesterday morning, 
though it's still kvetching at me. 



Of course our damp weather doesn't help much.  Time for a nice hot shower before I head over for a bone density test and a chest x-ray.  The rest of the day can be split between the hot tub and heating pad.


I wondered if snowboarding at Mammoth yesterday lived up to Alex's expectations; he's been wanting to check it out for a long time.  


Apparently it was "way better than expected", and when I asked if they'd been able to check out all the runs he said "No way! There are so many lifts and peaks there's no way to fit it all into two days.  It's HUGE here!"  Hope Snowbowl isn't too much of a letdown after Mammoth!






No comments:

Post a Comment