Friday, April 11, 2014

Tom has been mowing and weed-eating the property for days, so this morning I mowed a large portion of the yard.  Everything looks wonderful... too bad it won't stay this way for long!  I also filled the hummer feeders (again) - we must really have a bumper crop of hummingbirds this season.

After a shower I packed up a lunch (tuna salad and cantaloupe) and headed over to Park Meadows to eat lunch with Patti (and the other 'girls') since I didn't get to see her last weekend and won't again this weekend.  As long as I was heading over I took Marcia the stack of Science News magazines that Tom had finished with, and the latest bag of paper towel and toilet paper 'rolls'.  For Diane's class I had two big bags of books that Lisa was getting rid of.  The kids were thrilled with them (it included the entire 8-book hardback set of the Lemony Snickett Series of Unfortunate Events books) and so was Diane.

With Mom's library card in hand (it was right where I expected it to be!) I picked up Sue Monk Kidd's newest book (I really enjoyed her first two) which I'll bring with me this weekend.  (The woman remembered me from yesterday, when I didn't have the right card with me.)  Next stop was Walgreen's to pick up Rx refills, and then the gas station to fill up for tomorrow's trip.  The windows are all nice and clean, just like when we were leaving Sedona after gassing up - but we weren't even out of town Tuesday when we 'crashed' through a swarm of bugs.  It sounded like rocks at first (and there was a dump truck ahead of us) but of course within a second we saw all the tell-tale splats on the windshield, which made a real mess of my minutes-old clean windshield.

I still have to pack, and also muck off my quilting table (again) so Tom can see the TV from the couch.  That's not nearly as much fun as playing on the computer!


Smile for today:  In addition to General Services, Mom,
I'm hoping there's an FIC near me one day!


No comments:

Post a Comment