Friday, April 11, 2014

I'm getting the guest house ready for next batch of guests, mostly changing sheets and towels and giving the floors a fast sweep.  Tom spent 3 hours the other day fixing the shower in the master bathroom which had been leaking badly because the original (poorly-done) grout wasn't doing its job; so glad Carlo brought that to our attention!  

It took Tom so long because once he got in there and looked around he realized the entire perimeter of the bathroom (especially behind the toilet) was badly in need of repair.  At least that's done - and it looks really nice; he really should have taken a 'before' picture!

After Peter and his daughter leave (and he always buys a lot of knives from Tom so it's always 'worthwhile' when he visits Arizona) I'll do a more thorough cleaning and mop the floors before the ladies arrive for Quilt Camp on the 24th.  (The 5 of us had SUCH fun in January we're going to do it all over again!) 

I noticed that the birds (finally!) discovered the suet feeder I hung last year stuffed with wool scraps; when I returned from Sedona I noticed the door hanging open (assume from them tugging on pieces) and scraps hanging out everywhere.  So the babies should have nice cozy nests this spring!

I'm also happy to see that my 6 baby tomatoes continue to do well; 
they should make one nice mouthful once they ripen!

The aloe by the garage door is also quite happy at the moment.

When I was sweeping up back there (after Tom had done a LOT of trimming) it smelled gloriously like honeysuckle.  Which we don't have, and I've never noticed before.  I discovered that it was coming from our tree (I asked the tree guy what it is last time he was here, and he told me - but I've forgotten) in the front yard that spills over the fence.  I spent days back in the Fall trimming out dead branches and cleaning it up, which apparently made it quite happy; this is the first year the aroma has been evident.

Now it's 8:00 and getting closer to the time when I can actually get stuff done.  Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment