Monday, April 21, 2014

My visit with the oncologist today was boring, boring, boring.

 My recent CT scan (of the chest and abdomen) and my bloodwork came back perfectly normal.  Of course when it comes to medical tests, boring is usually good!  I won't have to see her again for another 6 months.

Stopped at JoAnn's to pick up a new rotary cutter; 
despite changing the blades twice my old one just isn't cutting it.
<g>   

Also picked up a bib to have on hand 
for whenever the next baby makes an appearance. 

Then to Home Depot, where I got the mouse 'houses' (have already set out the 4 that came in the package, and will be sure to announce any results), a couple of new hummingbird feeders, some potting soil, and a wild garlic plant for the piggie container I found in Cottonwood recently.  
It doesn't have much of an aroma at the moment, but if it should develop one I don't think a pig would mind.  It does, however, put out purple blooms.  

I'll wait to plant it until Tom can drill some holes in the bottom for drainage.  It's metal, and I don't want water sitting in it and rusting it out any faster than necessary.

There was a package from Anita waiting on the porch when I got home.  It contained the small duffel bag she borrowed (she scored a bunch of fabric at the Foothills sale that wouldn't fit in her suitcase) and 7 hand-sewn Sunbonnet Sue blocks a friend's grandmother made decades ago.  I'm going to piece it together for her.

Now I'm thinking about having some ice cream and then getting back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment