Saturday, April 26, 2014

DAY 2 of Quilt Camp Friday was lots and lots of fun.  

There were 7 of us here sewing (although not everyone stayed over last night) and who knows how many will be here today?  A couple of friends not officially <g> attending hope to be able to 'stop in'.  That's what Jess did on Thursday, and she ended up returning to join us for a good part of the day Friday.  She did finish binding this baby quilt (shown here in progress)

after she finished helping Cheri 
quilt the background for a landscape wall hanging.

Cheri is making it for her grandchildren's au pair (from Austria) who fell in love with Arizona's saguaro cacti.  This green batik will make a perfect saguaro, don't ya think?

Michelle, who is a newbie quilter, is working on just her 2nd quilt, a bargello.  I hope she brings her 1st one with her today; for that one she tackled a twister with a pattern - because she loves a challenge!)

After dinner last night we had a mini show&tell of tops that were over at Jeannie's waiting patiently in line to be quilted.

These yellow and black circles of Gina's are most impressive.  
One of these days (!) I am going to try curves.

The watercolor flower panels on this were gorgeous, 
and I love how Cheri set them together.

Even though I was up at 4:30, I still haven't found my way into the shower.  Now that it's 7:00 I guess I'd better do that before the day officially starts with breakfast at 8:00.  More pix later!

No comments:

Post a Comment