Sunday, October 9, 2011

October BOM

This month's leaf was a LOT more fun to work up today than last month's schoolhouse.  I still have to stitch over the stem but basically I'm done.  (Thank you, Nancy, for the coordinating purple fabric to go with my batik!)
I'm guessing that many of the ladies will use batiks for this block.  Whoever wins them on Wednesday will certainly be able to make a very pretty Fall quilt, table runner, or wall hanging.

Today friend Patti and I went to see Moneyball, the baseball movie with Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill. Although neither of us are baseball fans, we both enjoyed it.  However, I never dreamed how much trading goes on between the teams!  Tomorrow we may go see another movie.  This time of year there are always a number of good films from which to choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment