Saturday, October 29, 2011

Irrigation irritation

Subbing went well yesterday.  Of course it helped that I already knew all the kids.  They each gave me two words during vocabulary time, but even though there were a lot of 'good' ones there were no Stumpers.  It was a good thing it was only a half day of school yesterday.  I just haven't been sleeping well this week, and by the afternoon I was pretty tired.  Around 3:00 thought I'd stretch out in front of the TV and maybe catch a quick nap before Jeopardy at 4:30.  

Unfortunately, just as I was dozing off the phone rang.  It was our neighbor; seems our irrigation was leaking and running onto his property.  So I hauled myself off the couch and headed out (Tom and Alex were off at the DMV) to see about fixing things.  Luckily there was a 'leftover' pile of dirt right nearby that I was able to use to staunch the flow of water, at least temporarily.  But I will have to do something a little more permanent later today.

What I'd really rather do today is work on my Timeless Treasures challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment