Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bird Brains

Here's our smile for today
And speaking of bird brains, I won't even get into the political arena!

Thank you, Bobbi, for the shoe for my poor, sad foot.  Woke up to a cool, rainy day, so doubly glad to be able to wear a (sock and) shoe!  Wonder if Bobbi would mind if I put a smiley face on it?

Jan thinks she broke her toe, and at some point may be a candidate for Bobbi's other shoe.  But Jan's injury just happened so she's 6-weeks 'behind' me in the healing process and isn't even thinking about putting on anything except a flip-flop.  And if Jan doesn't borrow Bobbi's other shoe, this guy could.

My new progressive trifocal glasses have come in.  I've promised to wear them for a week before I make a final judgment.  I can report that after just the first 10 hours with them I was sort-of getting the hang of them, at least for distance and reading.  But that mid-vision level (which is the smallest part of the figure-8 'arrangement' on the lenses) is quite tricky.  So I'm sitting at the computer this morning sans glasses - just wanted to drink my coffee and wake up before I had to concentrate on what my eyes are trying to do! 

I admit that I am looking forward to being able to stop having to take my glasses off (and lose them) constantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment