Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bad hair day?

My hair has needed a trim for a while, and the bangs have been driving me crazy.
 

But after I saw the pix taken at quilting yesterday, like this one (I'm standing on a chair, and still couldn't show the entire quilt)
 and this one
 I did something about it.  Now it's all trimmed up, and I'm a much happier camper.

Yesterday the 8 of us showed our completed Nesting Robins, all very different, to the rest of the group.  Have to admit that my favorite was Sharon's Indian-themed one.  (To be honest, I think I've loved every quilt she's ever made.) 
It truly is a work of art - my photo does not begin to do it justice!  I wasn't the only one to wish it was coming home with me.  

And, by the way, it was completely done, beautifully quilted and bound, by the tea earlier this month.  'Some of us' only have our tops made, and one of us (can you see me cringing, hiding my face in shame?) still needs to put borders on hers!

While I'm flogging myself, let me say that I'm still mad at myself for the thoughtless, uncalled-for comment that fall out of my mouth yesterday... You'd think I would have outgrown that phase by now.  Apparently not. 

Another quilt I 'wouldn't mind' having was Cheryl Leach's.  Her garden theme was cheery, and her buildings row was so creative.  (The tool shed opened to show tools, and the outhouse opened up to show Grandpa using the facilties.)

Here's her finished top.  (Again, you need tilt your head until I can figure out why some of the pix insist on doing this!)
 
Now I'd better go finish getting organized for tomorrow's quilting demo at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment