Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sew SimplePineapple

The Sew Simple Pineapple, demo-ed by Carol at Busy Bees yesterday, sure looks a whole lot easier/faster than paper piecing them.  
 This new (and possibly idiot-proof?) method for an old block made us all want to run home and start making some!  Even I felt like I could now whip them up on my own, but in any event we are going to do them as a group the beginning of August.  Yesterday morning, while Carol was waiting for her ride to quilting, she whipped up this tiny little one for her miniature quilt class.


 Queen Bee Pati Cook attended yesterday's meeting in a comfy-looking Sandibad, and after I asked her demonstrate how it works the ladies decided we 'needed' a class in that.  So next Wednesday I'll be trying to make one of my own.  (After my bog jacket fiasco, though, I'm not expecting it to be quite the breeze that Pati describes.) 


In the afternoons it's been too hot to do much (we've been trying to set heat records, although we just keep missing that 'honor') so I've been watching The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy with Patti. We finished the 3rd one yesterday, and the movies were entertaining - but we found it beyond strange that they never addressed the significance of the tattoo, why/where/when she got it, etc.  In fact (in the movie at least) it really had nothing to do with her or the story.  I know that movies are poor substitutes for books, which is why I virtually never see the movie of a book I've enjoyed (and my favorite bookmark reads Never Judge a Book by its Movie) but wouldn't you think that it would at least deserve some mention in a movie with that title???  Just another one of those Mysteries of Life, I guess.


Obviously it's time to just go curl up with a good book!

No comments:

Post a Comment