Friday, July 1, 2011

Fractal counted cross-stitch

In a moment of weakness, I bought the pattern for this stunning fractal piece. It will certainly be quite dramatic when I finish it.  But I'm working it on black 18-count Aida cloth - it's 'only' 300X300 stitches - so I may be a candidate for St. Elizabeth's before I'm done! Here's hoping that the light tray Carla loaned me turns out to be a big help.
The pattern calls for over 90 colors of DMC floss.  Usually when I do a project I feel free to use my own colors, but figure for this to have the true impact I'd better stick to their 'suggestions'.  
 When I pulled out my large shoebox of floss, I was dismayed to find that I only have about a dozen of the needed colors in my (sizeable) stash.  Naturally in many cases I had the number just above or just below, and sometimes both.  So yesterday I cruised over to JoAnn's in order to pick up the remaining colors, but found that their DMC sale (buy 3, get the 4th free) starts today.  Obviously with that many to buy it made sense to wait until today.  But sure am looking forward to putting in the first stitches soon - maybe even beat Mom to the punch (she also bought one, mostly in shades of red.)

To view more stunning designs, go to www.xs-collectibles.com and then click on fractals at the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment