Saturday, July 23, 2011

Old friends

Marcela and I have been great friends for over 30 years - longer than we've known our husbands.  I'm sure it didn't hurt that our eventual kids, a decade later, were born around the same time. Our friendship has certainly survived long distances: over the years her husband's job has taken them to live in far flung places such as Morocco and Sri Lanka.  Now they live in Southern California, which is so much more convenient.  Last July I drove over to visit her and do the Long Beach Quilt Show together.  We had such a great time that we had planned to do it again this July, but Life threw a few roadblocks up.  Maybe next year?

This time Marcela came to Scottsdale for daughter Elena's clogging competition yesterday and today.  I spent yesterday in Scottsdale enjoying the dancing/music/costumes (and even made significant progress on my hand-quilting project.)  This is where I would love to post a picture of the two of us enjoying the competition - except that the computer is (once again) refusing to acknowledge my camera. I thought I had that fixed! 
After a late afternoon 'swim' (translation: basically standing in the pool chatting away) we went out to dinner with her friend Sharon (who dances on the adult team.)  Used my Nav System in the new car to 'order' Greek food, and ended up My Big Fat Greek Restaurant sharing a yummy many-course meal between the 3 of us.  Got home after 9:00, much later than I originally expected, so poor starving kitty Sapphire was definitely hungry. 

Irrigation was scheduled for 11:10 pm - 1:10 am, but Alex agreed to be home in time to let the water go so I didn't have to set my alarm for the middle of the night.  See me jumping for joy?
 
This morning I headed over to Doris' to take pix of her Pandora's Box quilts.  We had fun arranging them for their photo shoot, which of course I'd love to share with you - but until the computer agrees to talk to the camera it 'ain't gonna happen'!

No comments:

Post a Comment