Monday, June 6, 2011

latest project

This pillow is for Birdie, a good friend of my brother's from high school where they performed in shows together.  She's currently on national tour with the Broadway cast of Fiddler on the Roof, playing Yente the Matchmaker.  When I found out that they'd be in Phoenix in April I e-mailed my brother that I was going to get tickets.  Within the hour I had an e-mail from Birdie, offering to get me tickets.  The show was amazing, Birdie was fantastic, and we had wonderful seats.  Took my friend Patti with me to the show, and beforehand Birdie gave us a backstage tour.  It was an all-around great day, and this pillow is our 'thank you' to Birdie.  I designed and made the pillow top, and Patti turned it into a pillow.  It's a little hard to see the detail in the center block: there's a "Fiddler" logo (so many to choose from!) and underneath it is one of Yente's lines: Not every woman can be a Yente.

No comments:

Post a Comment