Thursday, June 16, 2011

Wealth vs. Worth

Great thought to remember!

I will admit that as I've been shopping for a vehicle to replace my tired 10-year-old MomMobile there's been some serious Sticker Shock here -
And I'm reminded of a quip of my father's: "Rich or poor, it's good to have money."  Like all good fathers he made sure we had everything we needed, and most of what we wanted - didn't want us to experience the privations he did growing up during the Depression.  I always tried to show my appreciation instead of entitlement (although I'm sure I was much better at that when I was an adult and not a teenager....)  He also used to say, "Sharper than a serpent's tooth is an ungrateful child."  And I've had those parent moments when I know EXACTLY what he meant! 

The shopping experience may (finally!) be over.  Barring a major wrinkle in the plans I'll take delivery today on a 2011 Accura RDX
which has all the bells & whistles on it

I may be looking for the class on "how to figure out the technology perks on your new vehicle""

It feels like I've been looking around forever (started last summer, just to get an idea of what's out there.)  I was getting worn down and discouraged - and admit that somedays it was a temptation to just keep the van until it died and forced my hand.  But I persevered (and considering it was 109 degrees yesterday when we stepped out into the car lot, I could have used a towel!)

No comments:

Post a Comment