Wednesday, June 22, 2011

flip flop BOM, etc.

Every month Louise presents a timely block-of-the-month at Foothills Quilters.  Those of us who want to participate make up the block, and all entrants have a chance at winning all the blocks.  I've only won once, but

  This fun block for the July drawing comes with an "I don't usually applique" disclaimer; there are some very accomplished appliquers in both my quilting groups (Busy Bees and Foothills), and this block doesn't come anywhere close to approximating their skills.  But hopefully once it's in the winner's quilt, surrounded by the other happy blocks, it will more or less blend in.

Here's a counted cross-stitch birth announcement pillow I made for Gracie 

and the two sides of a happy pillow I made as a baby present for Morgan

And while I'm showcasing pillows, here's a flint-knapping one I made for Tom

Today was Charity Day at Busy Bees, and we were getting tops 'sandwiched' with batting and backing in  preparation for quilting.  This scrappy Crazy 8 top I made a while back floated to the top of the pile.  (It may appear back here again once it's been quilted.)

While I'm showing scrappy, here's a WIP that I love because the pieces are mostly fabrics from quilts I've made, so it brings back great memories.

And before I head off to dinner I'll end this entry with 'food for thought'

No comments:

Post a Comment