Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Yesterday morning I put together 10 batches of pictures from my Maryland trip (no, that's still not all of them...) and e-mailed them to ten family members. I do realize that not everyone checks their e-mail every day (and it's also entirely possible that some of the recipients weren't even interested in pix of my vacation with some of their extended family?) but here it is, more than 24 hours later, and only two people have acknowledged them.



Took it a tad easier at the gym yesterday (because pretty much the only exercise I got for the previous three weeks was rushing for trains, and bending my elbow during meals) and as a result don't seem any-the-worse-for-wear today. Afterward I stopped in at Winco, and filled my basket with fruits and veggies and a few other essentials. 



I knew that Alex had gotten home from the EDC festival in Vegas sometime Monday night because his car was parked out back.  He slept most of the day (possibly for the first time since he left?) and appeared late afternoon.  This year he had an Artist's Pass, courtesy of Rockstar, which gave him full access everywhere, including backstage where all the DJs/musicians were hanging out.  Not only did he get to rub elbows with a lot of big names, but there was free food and drink!



I invited Alex to dinner, where my plan was to BBQ chicken on the grill; that sounded good to him.  Too bad I ran out of propane and had to finish up in the oven.  Originally he thought he would be around for a week or so after EDC, but now they want him to fly to Atlanta tomorrow (I will probably shuttle him to the airport early in the morning), and after that to Ohio.  He wasn't sure of his schedule after that, but doesn't think he'll make it back home, just head straight into his mad summer schedule. 



Wanda didn't catch my cold after our day together on Friday - which made us both happy.  She called last night to give me a Heads Up on the Great American Read on PBS, so I was able to catch all but the first few minutes. I've read the vast majority, about 80%, of the 100 nominated books, and for the most part (with the notable exception of Moby Dick - which is another story, one for which I give full 'credit' to my parents) I can understand the selections.  So many of my favorites made it onto the list, so it's nice that we can vote every day. There are some books on the list I've never heard of - but will add most of them to my reading list!



Today I went to work wielding the electric hedge trimmer.  Same old story: while I got a lot done  (the trimmage totally filled one of the big green cans) and made quite a visible difference, there's still a whole lot more to do.



This afternoon Alex dragged all of the bulk trash out to the street for the upcoming pick up next week.  There are other things it would be helpful to have him do, but obviously he has things to do to get ready to head out of town for an indefinite time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment