Sunday, May 6, 2018

Lazy morning yesterday (and a big breakfast) before Marilyn and I headed over to Riderwood. This time I parked in Mom’s old reserved spot.  She’d had it since they moved in about 15 years ago, and of course no longer needed it once she stopped driving last year.  She didn’t think anyone had taken it over, but as I found out later, that was not the case.



Mom opened the book I’d had sent directly there, and pretty sure she’ll get lots of enjoyment from it.




Then Marilyn’s mega-box of cookies arrived.  I went down to get it for Mom (Marilyn needed to watch the clock to sign in and get her boarding number for todays’s flight) and while down in the lobby waiting for it to be checked in (Marilyn had gotten an alert when the package arrived so we assumed it was "ready") helped one of the residents.



During the afternoon we watched a Netflix that was also on Marilyn’s list.  Despite being a 2017 release, Strange Weather did not have subtitles available.



Then before we knew it it was time to head down for dinner, Riderwood’s nod to Cinqo de Mayo, and eat yet again. <g>  Chicken tortilla soup was good, though of course not as good as Marilyn’s.  I had a great meal (salad, prime rib, asparagus, wild rice) and skipped dessert (even the yummy-looking chocolate cake) so I'm trying to be good. The staff assembled and sang Happy Birthday to Mom, though since we had no cake/candle to accompany it I’m not sure it was truly “official”!


It had rained while we were at dinner, and when Marilyn and I got to the car there was a note to the effect that I’d taken someone’s reserved spot and I needed to move the car. Naturally I felt terrible, especially since there had been ‘weather’, and of course will not park there again.



Pippa was glad to see us when we got home, and Marilyn and I hung out and chatted away the evening (more books to put on my list.)  On Friday she’d gotten me signed up for Audible.  I’ve started listening g to James Comey’s book, my first selection, which grabbed me from the start, and also loaded some e-books from the library, so I should have plenty to read to keep me occupied on my flight home... assuming I can remember where to find and how to access them!  (This morning she did show me where to find my Favorites and Bookmarks on the iPad - and there was my blog!)



In a bit I’m driving Marilyn to the airport (unfortunate that she’ll miss the brunch, when Ed and Emily and their crew of 5 will be joint the rest of us) and then head to Riderwood. At this point I’m still full from last night!  Don’t have Maggies’s bib ready to give her, but am look forward to gifting quilts to Gordon and Sierra.




No comments:

Post a Comment