Sunday, May 27, 2018

Diane called yesterday afternoon, with thanks after she saw I'd added a contribution on the Go Fund Me page for AR books at Park Meadows. 

It will be a great day when our schools have all the money they need,
and our air force has to have a bake-sale to buy a bomber.
- Robert Fulghum

She's always been so appreciative of all I've done over the years for kids and education, and this time was no different.  After we talked for a half hour or so, she suggested we go out to dinner and continue our catching-up in person.  She picked me up (happy to finally see the new kitchen, which she loved) and we enjoyed melt-in-your-mouth steaks at Black Angus.



Even though the kids' school year was not extended after the teacher walk-out, an 'extra' week was added to the teachers' work year due to the number of workdays specified in their contracts.  So they won't finish up until early June - and have to be back at work August 2, with the kids starting a week later!


Pretty sure NO ONE will want to be in a classroom
(OR out on the playground) in August!  


While August is 'cooler' than July (of course that is a relative term, since temps are still well into the triple digits) the humidity then is higher; increased moisture during the monsoon makes it feel much hotter than it really is, without the usual relief in the shade. That line about "dry heat" only really applies for the start of summer.


The second half of summer in Phoenix can feel downright muggy! 


Read until almost midnight last night, so I was a bit surprised to wake as early as I did.  Soon after, I received a text from Marilyn, which initially got me all excited when I saw who it was from.  (She had thought the puppies might arrive last night.)  But the message was a disappointing "no puppies yet".  In this pic, taken a few days ago, Frannie appeared ready to be done with being pregnant, though!


However, while at breakfast with Marcela this morning, I got a text that first puppy had arrived. Labor Day has finally arrived this Memorial Day weekend.



Marcela and I had a delicious breakfast while catching up on things.  Hard to believe it's been almost six months since Steve died, but she's working hard at making a new life.   Then we popped up to the house so she could see the new kitchen.  Another vote of approval!



Patti had moved up my hair "appointment" to 11, so we cruised over there and I got that taken care of.  It was way overdue!  



After I dropped Marcela back at Sally's I decided to return to Target and check out the plastic chest of drawers again, and ended up bringing them home.  Once home I was able to check FB.  Frannie had five puppies, the first four male. No bunny (yet!) and no info on names.




No comments:

Post a Comment