Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Yesterday I left the house at 10:30 to go pick up Amy, and didn't get home until almost 5:00.  She was in considerable pain after her surgery, but I saw her a little bit ago (when I returned her driver's license, which I found on the floor in the back of the car today) and the swelling in her fingers was down some and her meds are managing the pain.  She, of course, was starving yesterday after not being able to eat all day, so at 3:30 we had a late lunch at Habit Burger (Glendale and about 8th St.) on our way home.  I'd never been there (never even heard of the place) but I'd sure go back again.  This is what I had - and it was delicious!


Tom had planned to grill chicken for dinner, but I knew I wasn't going to have much appetite, so I suggested he wait until tonight.  

This morning I got a call from a good friend and found out she has just been diagnosed with breast cancer.  She was understandably quite upset all weekend (she had an appointment with her doctor later today to find out some of the details) but seemed a lot less worried after talking with me.  Of course I was on pins and needles until she called again after seeing the doctor, but I'm very happy to report that the news at her appointment was comforting: it's the 'good' kind of breast cancer, like mine was.  In another week she'll have her lumpectomy, and should find out then if the tumor is in situ (best possible scenario, no chemo necessary) or not.




The tree guys were here this morning to rape the mulberry trees.  I babysat Pokey for most of the 4 hours, so I wasn't able to quilt (although I admit that I did enjoy sitting out there and reading.) It definitely looks quite different out back, and I know the trees will grow back (relatively) quickly, but in the meantime it's very barren in that part of the yard!  



Then it was off to the Apple store for my iPad appointment.  Good news: I can now connect to the internet again!  And should the same problem happen again, I may <g> be able to fix it myself since I took copious notes of the procedure... lol


And since it's National Chocolate Day, as long as I was in the mall I "forced" myself to stop in at Rocky Mountain Chocolate for a nibble.

No comments:

Post a Comment