Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Feels like I was rewarded this afternoon!


First, it was incredibly easy to get through on the phone and order a new ballot for Lisa.  I fully expected to sit on hold for a long time, but got right through!

  
Then, I got a surprise phone call from a quilt store in California.  Sort of long story: Last month (while we were traveling on our way to San Francisco, in the left lane) I spotted a quilt store off to the right.  Tom made a dramatic save, and I happily roamed the store's fabric aisles.  On one shelf I found some squares of dogs that looked like they had been cut from a panel, but I couldn't find that bolt.  When I went to the desk for help, it turned out that they didn't carry that fabric; we realized that someone must have brought the squares in to match fabrics, and <yikes!> mistakenly left them.  Once that mystery person went to use them and couldn't find them, hopefully she'd figure out where she'd left them.  But just in case they were never claimed, I left my name and phone number.  I'd actually forgotten all about those dog squares, but since no one ever came to claim them, the woman was calling today to let me know I could "swing by and pick them up."  When I explained why that wasn't really possible <G> she took my address and is going to mail them to me.  


I hadn't even hung up the phone when Carolyn stopped by, and she is going to embroider the names for Anita.  So I won't have to deal with My Machine Doesn't Like Me Syndrome - and Anita should have them in time to finish her Christmas gifts.



Not long after Carolyn left, the doorbell rang.  It was Kathi, stopping by with another sack of fabric (this time from her mom's house) and also a wonderful book on mini-quilts.  She loved the finished red baby quilt top - which is good, because (once it's quilted) that quilt will be going to her to keep in trust for whenever her future grandchildren appear.



And a few minutes ago Ben called; Estera made way too much soup for dinner, so we're going over to join them in a little bit.  Tom went to store today and did pick up stuff to cook - but that'll keep until tomorrow.



Didn't get much accomplished this afternoon, although I did cut a piece of fabric in preparation for making some continuous bias binding for Terry's quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment