Monday, October 27, 2014

I tried reading out back by the pool yesterday - but the mosquitoes were so pesky they chased me inside within minutes.


We went out for dinner last night at the Texas Roadhouse.  It was noisy (seemed like everyone in the Valley celebrating a birthday or anniversary was there) and our meals arrived lukewarm.  But my steak was cooked perfectly, and we didn't have to cook.



Once home we watched the afternoon's Cardinal game that Tom had taped.  Alex had been at the game, and told me who'd won - though of course Tom swore me to secrecy.  There were some amazing plays, and so it was no surprise that Alex had a great time.  (We looked for him whenever the cameras scanned the crowd - I think he was the one sporting a red shirt.)  


The game was down to about a minute when the Cardinals scored a possible touchdown to put them in the lead (the TD was under review - looked like the player's knee went down right before he crossed the goal line, but Tom said the ball itself was over the line) when the recording stopped!  At that point it was about  time for the 10:00 news to start, and at first Tom said he'd find out who won during the sports segment.  But a minute later said he 'couldn't wait', and had me spill the beans about who won the game. 



In a bit I'm off to drive Amy for her second hand surgery  (even though it sounds like she hasn't completely healed from the surgery on her other hand.)  I've been having a lot of trouble with my left hand, and am 'counting down the days' until December when I can get another cortisone shot.  At some point I guess I will have to consider surgery - but am putting that off as long as possible.  Yesterday I slathered Capsacin on the joint - and some time later touched my hand to my face to scratch an itch.  Boy did my eyes burn from that!
Capsaicin is the ingredient found in different types of hot peppers, such as cayenne peppers, that makes the peppers spicy hot.  In general, you use creams containing capsaicin for pain relief. You can put the creams on your skin up to 4 times a day. Wash your hands thoroughly after each use to avoid getting the cream in your eyes or on other moist mucous membranes, where it can cause a burning sensation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment