Thursday, October 2, 2014

Wednesday I listened to an interview on NPR with 26-year-old Amy Hughes, the Brit who set a record when she recently ran 53 marathons in 53 days.  Quite the amazing feat, even for a good cause; my legs/feet/back hurt just thinking about it...!


Thursday on NPR I heard a discussion on Ebola. While it was never 'expected' to reach our shores, it seems that it should be able to be contained by our health system, given that people are only contagious when they are showing symptoms, and catching it requires close contact.  However it is also extremely troubling that it was OUR health system that sent originally sent him home from the hospital, knowing he had recently arrived from west Africa!  YIKES


Who knows what I'll learn from NPR today?


Book Club was a lot of fun last night.  (As Cheri commented, it's almost more about the food than the books.)  <g>  And I'm happy to report that as the discussion evolved I remembered more and more about the book and was able to add my 2 cents' worth.



Lots to do this morning, including emptying the quilting shelf so Alex can move it before he heads to work and I can finish painting.  In the meantime, here are a few pictures of how that room looks at the moment.  I didn't take 'before' pictures; just take my word for it <G> that the holes from nails/screws/bolts/etc. were "numerous" from Alex 'decorating' over the years.

(There isn't anything on the floor, 
so that white 'thing' must be a dirty camera lens.)


This is merely one of my quilting overflow areas (there's another floor-to-ceiling shelf in Lisa's room) and the wall behind it the only unpainted section at the moment.


I've finished my 'coffee' so I guess I'd better quit putzing around on the computer and get started on today's To Do List.






No comments:

Post a Comment