Monday, October 6, 2014

I got the front yards mowed yesterday, although the mower isn't completely happy.  My 'expert' guess would be that the air filter needs to be cleaned.  



I finished mowing and was showered and dressed by the time Patti showed up (she wanted to check out the paint job in Alex's room) but my face was still bright red when she arrived.  Although it's nice and cool (FINALLY!) in the early mornings and the evenings it still a little warm during the day.  Patti gave my work a thumbs up.



Alex mowed the back yard when he got home from Fantasy Football (he's in first place in his league) and then checked out the riding mower.  It felt fine to him, so he also mowed the Back 40.  For the time being, at least, everything is cropped and looking reasonably tidy.  (Oh what a difference weed-eating the edges will make!)  Wouldn't it be nice if I could train a goat to eat around the edges?  



Shelley and Rob came by in the early evening with their friend Ruby, who bought Alex's old car, so that's taken care of.  Once the insurance office opens I can call and make the necessary changes to the car policy.




Dinner last night was some of the yummy soup Estera had brought by on Friday, and a burger from In&Out.  At least the soup was healthy, plus I didn't eat any of Alex's fries.



Around 10:00 last night (at least I was still awake, and even dressed!) Alex called to ask me to move Lisa's car out of the garage so he could snag his box spring and mattress to lend to his old roommate Clay until he can get his out of storage.  Backing her car out of the tight spot in the garage was stressful enough - could have done without the 'helpful' alarm that let me know her car was too close to things. 



This morning Laura is coming by to pickup the raffle quilt postcards so she can get the ticket bags ready before Wednesday's meeting; guess I ought to get showered and dressed to start my day before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment