Friday, October 3, 2014

Getting my flu shot yesterday turned out to be pretty easy;
first place I tried (Safeway pharmacy) took my insurance.


And as long as I was there I picked up steaks for tonight's early dinner
 before Yom Kippur (and fasting) begins at sundown.



But before I was able to head out and get my shot I ended up dealing with Lisa and Verizon over the issue of getting her a phone upgrade (which she was entitled to over a year ago.)  Her phone will not hold a charge, and that created numerous problems when we were visiting San Francisco, most notably when she was unable to call for a Uber car at the end of a long day.  No point in going into the details here, just suffice to say that Verizon's right hand doesn't seem to know what the left hand is doing, and she still does not have a replacement phone.  I am doing my best to remedy that!


It was another beautiful day yesterday, and I 'celebrated' by mowing (37th Ave., Westcott, the drive-through, center ditch, around the shop and guest house, etc.) 


I had actually started on the Back 40 when the riding mower started feeling 'funny', as if something underneath the deck was loose.  So that was the end of that!  Still have the front and back yards to do with the push mower, and if the grass dries out early enough I could get that mowed this afternoon; otherwise it's on the schedule for Sunday.



When Tom called last night he asked about impending storms; apparently 'somebody' had heard 'something' about one approaching Arizona.  But the week's forecast is sunny and in the 90s, with no mention of any 'weather'.



Now I'm about to go sand and paint that last small section of wall, 
and then I can cross that project off my list!




No comments:

Post a Comment