Saturday, May 24, 2014

We got Carol's birthday celebrated 'properly' yesterday at Macayo's, although I forgot my camera <sigh> so the only pix I have are the ones from my phone - and thus much poorer quality.  The tiny screen makes it very hard to see what you're taking a pic of, so no real surprise that Ralph accidentally (?) cut most of Tracy out of the picture.  But she was there!

Bobbi C., Birthday Girl Carol, Me, Betty, and (part of) Tracy

On the way home after lunch we stopped in at 35th Ave. because Carol needed some pins. (I did too; 'tis a mystery where they all disappear to!)  Plus I also picked up the Ellie pattern I've been wanting ever since I saw it made up at  the quilt show.

Once home I finished packing up Andy's birthday present, then it was off to the post office with it (and Don's placemat) and then over to Target for a graduation card (Ally graduated from UofA and is soon off to veterinary school) and a wedding card (Heather and David tie the knot in Miami the end of this money.)  As long as I was at Target I stopped next door at Payless and found some polka dot flip flops (mine are making 'noises' about falling apart.)  Bet Lisa would love some.

Jeannie called while I was there; she had stopped by the house (on her way home from Costco) to pick up the laptop but because of groceries in her car couldn't wait the 5 minutes it would take me to get home.  So a few minutes later I swung by her place with it.  Always fun to see what's on Ruby, and I got to give input on the current custom job.  Some little girl is going to absolutely love it! 

This little girl loved her quilt before she even opened it up!

Also scored a chocolate-covered apple as a thanks for putting in all that membership data (although Patricia has told Jeannie she's got yet another stack that's since come in) and an invite for Sunday: dinner and Mexican Train with friends.

Tom invited me to drive north out of town around midnight last night to watch the meteor shower under darker skies, but I decided trying to stay awake would not be fun.  


When I got up to pee at 2:00 I went out back for a bit, but Alex had his porch light on (he was out doing his thing at Mint) and I didn't see any shooting stars.  

Although 
it wasn't that surprising since I didn't hang out there more than a few minutes before I returned inside and crawled back into bed.

Tom just got up, and it turns out he didn't go up there after all.  It was pretty cloudy here so he decided not to bother and just went to bed.  So we'll just wait and watch it on TV/internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment