Monday, May 26, 2014

Didn't get as much done yesterday as I'd planned (gee, that happens a lot...) but at least got most of the front yards mowed before the mower quit on me.  Tom got it fixed while I was running errands, and then (lucky for me) had finished up the yard by the time I got home, which was a pleasant surprise.  

We are now all set for irrigation Friday.  With a toasty week ahead of us it will be most welcome.

Dinner and Mexican Train originally planned for last night at Jeannie's got cancelled (she woke up miserable with a sinus infection) but Tom and I feasted here on his BBQ chicken and very sweet corn-on-the-cob.  The price of corn had dropped and Tom remarked that it was best 15 cents he'd spent in a long time.

Even though I pigged out and ate lots of chicken, there's still a LOT left.  
I see a number of yummy chicken dinners (and lunch today?) in our future.

This morning I got an earlier start to the day than I had planned.  (That happens a lot also <g>)  When my phone rang at 6:45 I was still asleep (at first I thought it was my alarm, set for 7:00) since I'd been up quite a bit during the night.  Turned out to be Alex, who needed a ride home from Scottsdale.  He'd gone to a concert yesterday, and 'somehow' in the aftermath partying/drinking got separated from his DD ride back here.  

We made it back home by 8:00, at which time I had breakfast, took a shower, and then actually made it to the gym with minutes to spare (after letting Jim know I might be a few minutes late.)  I worked up a sweat, and I may be sore tomorrow.  But I always feel good (like I've accomplished something) after my weekly workout.  Now if I could just get myself back to going to the gym more than once a week.  


Hummers seem to be out of food (again) at one of their stations, so I guess I'd better fill it up (again.)



No comments:

Post a Comment