Thursday, May 1, 2014

I saw the doctor for my jaw today, and picked up my new appliance for day-time wear.  It's practically invisible but feels a little strange.  However if it helps keep the pain away that's a small trade-off, and I assume I'll get used to it fairly quickly.  I got to see the x-rays they took a couple of weeks ago during my initial visit, and the joint on the left side of my jaw shows definite arthritic deterioration, 'probably' caused by the trauma of my face plant.  She was definitely happy with the improvement of how wide my jaw can open now.  Still not up to par, but MUCH better!

It might help to look at the yellow arrows below.  The one on the left side of the diagram is pointing to a (healthy) rounded condylar head.  The flattened one on the right looks like mine, where the top has degraded.


 I was able to get an appointment <g> with Patti this afternoon to get my hair cut.  It got shaggy all of a sudden, and feels much better now not being in my eyes.

For dinner Tom grilled some of the sea trout he caught in Mexico, and it was delicious; too bad I won't be here for leftovers tomorrow!  I'll be winging my way to Texas - so my faithful followers will just have to get along without me until I return.

Guess I ought to go finish packing....

It is expected to get close to triple digits this weekend (gee, I'll be so sorry to miss that - NOT!) but I don't think we have to worry about this scenario...yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment