Thursday, May 15, 2014

Delightful morning at Starbucks with a group of the Night Owls.  Definitely NOT me (I'm the early bird type)  but they let me join them anyway. <g>  Jeannie and Wanda loved their owl fabric (from the quilt store in Kerrville) and all the ladies liked Don's watermelon placemat.  The Disappearing 4-patch pattern, (surprisingly) new to everyone, was a big hit, and I think all the ladies were planning to run right home and whip up a block!

Cheri brought strawberry tops for Pokey, and for the rest of us some chocolate chip cookies she'd baked.  One batch, with raisins, for me - and another batch. with bacon, for the others.  (I had to bring one of those home for Tom.) 

Worked on some more blocks this afternoon, but no real energy, despite <g> all the sugar today. 


Lisa will be coming up from Tucson tomorrow for a quick visit.  She's got one more week of teaching - and then moves to the San Francisco area.  She 'lost' a challenge with her students, and had to dye her hair the color of their choice.  They chose green.  (I'm pretty sure she's happier about the whole thing than she looks!)

Marilyn (eventually) made it back to Texas with her new puppy Frannie.  Apparently they missed their connection in Houston <sigh> and thus had the opportunity to make lots of new friends at the airport.  Sure looks like Frannie seems to have settled right in to her new home.  Too bad she didn't arrive until after my recent visit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment